The World Bear Weekend Code of Conduct is here to protect and ensure everyone in attendance has a safe, enjoyable time at the event.
All World Bear Weekend Attendees, Event Staff, and Volunteers adhere to the code of conduct below:
- Everyone in attendance must be at least 21 years of age.
- Everyone attending World Bear Weekend must be a registered, paid guest, and wear identifying lanyard and/or bracelet(s) at all times to gain access to weekend events.
- Although World Bear Weekend is primarily geared toward gay/bi/trans men – some events such as entertainment, contest, vendor market, and seminars, will also allow women to attend. Please be respectful to all attendees, no matter what their gender identity is.
- Attendees must provide a valid government issued photo ID (driver license, state ID card) or Passport which provides a recognizable photo of you and clearly states your date of birth. For our International guests, please provide your ID and your Passport. If there is any doubt in determining your date of birth or age – we may refuse your entry to the event. Attendees must be at least 21 years of age.
- Understand that registration to World Bear Weekend is not transferable.
- You are entirely responsible and liable for all activities conducted by you.
Below are some, though not all, violations that may result in the refusal of your registration and/or removal from the event by the World Bear Weekend founder, chairperson, event staff, volunteers, hotel staff, or agents acting on their behalf. By submitting your application/registration to World Bear Weekend, you agree to the following rules of conduct.
YOU ARE IN AGREEMENT TO THE FOLLOWING:
- You will conduct yourself in a respectable manner in all public areas including, but not limited to, Ballroom functions, Registration, Pool Area(s), Vendor Market, Hotel Lobby, Hotel Hallways, Special Workshops, etc.
- You will not posses, use, sell, barter, gift or bring any controlled/illegal/illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia to any World Bear Weekend event, activity, hotel, bar or other facility. This includes marijuana which is illegal in Kentucky. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Hotels will press charges and evict you from the premises without warning or reimbursement of fees. Violation of this item will result in permanent ban from attending any World Bear Weekend event – for life.
- You must abide by the hotel’s preferred dress code policy at all times throughout the weekend. Proper pool attire is required at all times when you are in the indoor/outdoor pool & hot tub(s)….no jockstraps are allowed in the pool(s). You are never allowed to expose your genitalia at any time – in any public space – during any part of the weekend. You are permitted to wear jockstraps to the evening dance parties in the ballroom, but will be required to enter through designated areas, and not through the hotel lobby.
- Any sexual acts (including oral, vaginal, or anal) in event spaces, restrooms, and other common areas of the hotel property will not be tolerated by event staff or hotel employees. Violation of this rule will result in immediate eviction from the event and hotel without warning or reimbursement of fees.
- No solicitation for sex for payment, money, barter or favors (also known as prostitution, escorting, etc…)
- No unwelcome sexual advances to attendees or employees of hosting facilities.
- No urinating or defecating unless in a urinal or toilet. Guests who fail to abide by this rule will be charged a clean-up fee by the hotel, and will be removed from the event immediately without reimbursement of registration fees and hotel stay. Violation of this item will also result in permanent ban from attending any World Bear Weekend event.
- Keep public displays of affection respectable (there are tons of bedrooms to take your man to).
- Be responsible. Control your drinking of alcoholic beverages (public intoxication is illegal and is a misdemeanor offense punishable by arrest)
- Resolve situations without the use of abusive verbal and physical confrontations
- You agree to act in a way that does not embarrass, or tarnish the reputation of, the World Bear Weekend, the Hotel & its staff, or any other members or agencies associated with the event.
- You agree that physical and/or disruptive verbal/physical altercations with any guest, customer, member, staff, or anyone on the property can lead to dismissal from the event (at the founder/chairman’s discretion). Any such disruption that results in law enforcement’s involvement will be grounds for immediate dismissal from the event and hotel – without refund – and permanent banning for future World Bear Weekend events.
(1) You agree not to hold World Bear Weekend, its founder, guests, sponsors, volunteers, or any commercial establishment or its staff used in conjunction with this event responsible for any loss or injury either to their property or their person while participating in this event.
(2) You are fully responsible for any damages you may cause to the hotel property or commercial establishments used during this event.
(3) You are fully responsible for any guests that you allow into the hotel property, including any damages caused to the property, until such person(s) leave(s) the property.
(4) Will not indulge in actions that could be considered discriminatory or racist.
(5) Will grant World Bear Weekend, and anyone designated by such, the right to use their likeness, image, voice and appearance whether recorded on or transferred to videotape, film, slides, photographs, or other media, for publication, broadcast or use on the web.
(6) It is further understood that this is a public event – and that World Bear Weekend, nor anyone, cannot control people from making pictures public. Attendees should use good judgment, discretion and respect people’s privacy before posting, tagging or sharing pictures with other people or on social media sites. If you do not want your picture taken – immediately inform the photographer. If you see a photo on social media, please inform the person immediately and ask the photo(s) to be removed.
(7) Understand that the failure to follow any one of these guidelines is grounds for being escorted from and/or being asked to leave the event without a refund of registration or hotel room fees. Continued failure to comply may additionally result in being banned from future events.