World Bear Weekend: the ultimate destination on your contest journey! If you’ve ever wanted to take the next step beyond your current title, keep reading. This unique event essentially combines the bear, bootblack, and pup communities into one action-packed weekend of fun, philanthropy, and a competitive spirit of love & brotherhood/sisterhood. Below is an overview of the titles offered; requirements to enter; application deadlines; and an awesome prize package for the winners:
WORLD TITLES OFFERED
The following titles will be up for grabs at the World Bear Contest:
- Mr. World Bear
- Ms. World Bear
- World Cub
Note about gender eligibility: Mr. Bear is only open to contestants identifying as male. Ms. Bear is only open to contestants identifying as female. The Cub title is open to all genders.
ELIGIBILITY TO COMPETE
Below are the requirements to compete at the World Bear Contest:
- All contestants must be 21+ years of age
- Eligible contestants can be gay, straight, bi-sexual, or trans-gendered as long as their gender identity matches the category for which they’re competing
- Contestants from any country is eligible to compete
- Contestants must already have won a title from a state, regional, national, or international contest within the last (5) years to be eligible to compete for the World title. Bar titles or “Best Of” titles are not permitted.
The deadline to enter in the World Bear Contest in any of the categories above is July 31, 2018. Applications must be submitted online via the Application link; no changes will be made to applications after the deadline. No applications will be accepted after July 31, 2018.
Each of the (3) winning title holders will receive the following prize package from World Bear Weekend:
- $1,000 Cash Prize
- Reimbursable Travel Fund (Determined by MegaRaffle Monies Raised)
- Complimentary Hotel stay at the Marriott Griffin Gate Resort & Spa at the 2019 Event.
- Custom-made leather sash from Wolfstryker Leather
- Custom-made leather patch from Wolfstryker Leather
- Full page editorial from Bear World Magazine to promote you and your new title to the entire global bear community
- Photo shoot with BearSkn underwear company to be used as “the face” of their company for the next season. Plus a year’s supply of BearSkn underwear.
- Photo shoot with Bear T-Shirts to be used to promote their brands within the bear community. Plus $100 in t-shirts from their line.
- $200 store credit with Torso Menswear.
- More to come…