World Bear Weekend: the ultimate destination on your contest journey! If you’ve ever wanted to take the next step beyond your current title, keep reading. This unique event essentially combines our entire LGBTQ+ communities into one action-packed weekend of fun, philanthropy, and a competitive spirit. Below is an overview of the titles offered; requirements to enter; application deadlines; and an awesome prize package for the winners:
WORLD TITLES OFFERED
The following titles will be up for grabs at the World Bear Contest:
- Mr. World Bear
- Ms. World Bear
- World Cub
Note about gender eligibility: Mr. Bear is only open to contestants identifying as male. Ms. Bear is only open to contestants identifying as female. The Cub title is open to all genders.
ELIGIBILITY TO COMPETE
Below are the requirements to compete at the World Bear Contest:
- All contestants must be 21+ years of age
- Eligible contestants can be gay, straight, bi-sexual, non-binary or transgender as long as their gender identity matches the category for which they’re competing
- Contestants from any country are eligible to compete
- Contestants must already have won a title from a bar, state, regional, national, or international contest within the last (4) years to be eligible to compete for the World title.
- No other active titles shall be permitted during the current World Bear title year reign. (Meaning, as of October 2nd, 2019, you will not be representing any current 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 titles, and have no plans to pursue additional titles during the next year if you win one of the World Bear 2019 titles.)
The deadline to enter in the World Bear Contest in any of the categories above is August 31st, 2019. Applications must be submitted online via the Application link; no changes will be made to applications after the deadline. No applications will be accepted after August 31st, 2019.
Each of the (3) winning title holders will receive the following prize package from World Bear Weekend:
- $1,000 Cash Prize
- Reimbursable Travel Fund (Determined by Raffle Monies Raised)
- Complimentary Hotel stay at host hotel for the 2021 Event.
- Custom-made leather sash from Wolfstryker Leather (to be worn during your title year). This will be passed down to your successor at the next contest.
- Custom-made leather patch from Wolfstryker Leather (to keep)
- Custom-made title vest from Wolfstryker Leather
- Custom-made medallion from Wolfstryker Leather
- Unique pin designed by Lanner Design to represent their title year. Sales contribute toward travel fund.
- Full page editorial from Bear World Magazine to promote you and your new title to the entire global bear community
- $100 store credit with Torso Menswear.
- And more to come!