Competing can be stressful. We’ve put together a Contestant Recap List of Requirements to help you be sure you have completed all your required tasks to have a successful competition.
- Read all information regarding the contest at http://www.worldbearweekend.com.
- Submit your contestant application no later than July 31, 2021
- Prepare your wardrobe for the following contest categories:
World Bear Contestants
- World Bear Contest — Title Wear
- World Bear Contest — Theme Wear (Elvis-themed)
- World Bear Contest — Fantasy/Fetish Wear Scene
- World Bear Contest — Formal Wear with 2-minute Speech
World Pet Contestants
- World Pet Contest — Introduction (in Pet Attire)
- World Pet Contest — Talent/Tricks (in Pet Attire)
- World Pet Contest — Fantasy/Fetish Wear Scene (in Pet/Fetish Attire)
- World Pet Contest — Formal Wear with 2-minute Speech (Something Formal)
Note: Formal Wear is whatever your definition of “formal” is. If it’s a tuxedo or a suit; a ballgown or dress; or a pair of pants & a pet hood. YOU define what your formal wear will be. This is your time to shine on stage and really impress the judges.
- Each contestant is required to prepare a raffle basket for our raffle that will be taking place throughout the weekend. The minimum value of the items in the basket should add up to at least $100, but not exceed $500 in value (seek out sponsors to assist with donations for your baskets). A portion of the monies raised from the raffle basket ticket sales will be applied to the winners’ travel fund for the next year. The contestant with the highest number of tickets/ticket sales will receive a free event pass for the next annual event.
- ALL contestants will be selling cash raffle tickets for a total of (4) hours over the course of the weekend. The money received for this raffle will determine your travel fund if you win the title. If you do not win the title, the money earned for YOUR basket will be donated to charity.
- Contestants must arrive & check-in by 4:00pm on Thursday, August 19, 2021 and attend the Contestant Orientation to select the order in which you will be presented on-stage, and learn final details regarding the logistics of the contest.
- Contestants must attend all events on the Mandatory Requirements list.
- Contestants should not knowingly fraternize with any judge prior to the announcement of the winners on Saturday evening.
- Contestants should make every effort to attend all photo shoots.
- Below are the expectations for our winners of the World Bear and World Pet Contests:
- Go back to your home city or country with your head held high knowing you just won the top honor in the bear/pup communities.
- Cooperate with event/contest sponsors to help promote YOU, as well as the event/contest.
- Attend as many events in your area/country that financially fit into your travel budget. Coordinate with the World Bear Weekend event chairman to get reimbursements up to your spending limit.
- No other active titles shall be permitted/sought after during the World Bear/World Pet title year reign. This is, after all, a WORLD title. We want you to wear it proudly, and represent us & yourself with the utmost pride.
- Make every effort to return to the next World Bear Weekend to step down & pass on your title to the next generation of title holders.